The capital of Rajasthan is renowned for its royal flair and sightseeing flavor. As historical as it is cultural, modern-day has done little to dull the gleam of Jaipur’s yesteryear splendor. Below are a mere handful of places to visit in Jaipur, but each one was handpicked for being one of the best things to do in Jaipur.
The best time to visit Jaipur, bearing in mind that this is a desert city, is during the winter season. This is from early November to February, which is incidentally tourist peak season in Jaipur.
- Hawa Mahal
When it comes to Jaipur Tourism, few places scream perfection more than Hawa Mahal.
- Occupying prominent placement in Jaipur’s Badi Chaupad intersection, the edifice is a sight to behold.
- It was originally constructed in 1799 by Maharaj Sawai Pratap Singh.
- Its history and architecture are unique, offering several glimpses into Jaipur’s royal past.
- The red-pink pyramidal sandstone features have inspired many a construction design template.
- 953 ‘Jharokhas’ or windows comprise this crown-shaped building. Its latticework is exemplary.
- Five floors and a fountain grace the interior.
- It adjoins the famed Jantar Mantar or City Palace. You can catch great views of it from inside Hawa Mahal.
- Please stop by the indoor museum while you’re at it.
- Pink City
One of the most unforgettable places to visit in Jaipur is the Pink City.
- When Maharaj Jai Singh II built the place in 1727, he might not have guessed that his walled city would inspire and regale people for 275 years, and counting.
- This UNESCO World Heritage Site (2019) grants access to Jaipur’s Old City. Seven distinct gates open into it.
- The pink-sandstone building is one of the most magnificent examples of Jaipur’s royal culture and heritage.
- ‘Havelis,’ forts, palaces… The location has this and other unique things to do in Jaipur.
- From bazaars like Johri and Bapu to significant Jaipuri hubs like Jantar Mantar and Badi Chaupar, the Pink City is a haven for all things Rajasthani.
- World Trade Park
Stepping into modernity, one of the best times to visit Jaipur is when its Trade Park is in full swing.
- Entertainment, recreation, and shopping are all available here.
- The sheer beauty of the silvery blue building has to be seen to be properly appreciated.
- Stretching over 52 acres, and originally constructed in 2012, the Trade Park contains more than its fair share of Jaipur Tourism value.
- It was built in two blocks, one on either side of a major Jaipur thoroughfare.
- The 11-storey blocks are linked up high by a bridge, allowing you to move freely between the Park’s two blocks without leaving the edifice.
- From movie halls and food courts to over 500 stores, the place cannot honestly be considered a mall, but rather a small city in its own right.
Rajasthan stands proud to host some of the most sublime places to visit in Jaipur, which is its capital city. Between a rich royal history and keen modern flair, Jaipur is one of a handful of Indian cities that will leave you hungry for more. Speaking of which, Rajasthani cuisine is as popular the world over as the state’s uniquely elegant heritage.